Friday, March 14, 2008

Poems

Don't get me wrong, I don't fancy myself a poet... However, at times, when I am having trouble identifying or explaining how I am feeling I will write poetry (though I usually draw... maybe I'll share some of those with you one of these days... after all, you don't ACTUALLY know me so what is there to be embarrassed about, right )
So here they are:

For You
I'm dying on the inside, but you can't see
It's O.K.
This act is for you
Every smile
Every laugh
It kills me
But you
Thankfully, you are unaware

Oh, you may notice little differences
My eyes don't hold their sparkle
A smile dies easily on my lips
I do my best to protect you
But it's hard to care for others
When you are dying on the inside

I'll try another day
For you
I'll smileI
'll laugh
As I die just a little bit more

How Smiling can Hurt
It's funny how smiling can hurt
How that simple act can rip into your heart
How one smile can leave you hurting
And Bleeding

To smile
When you hurt on the inside
To laugh
When everything within you is crying out
In pain
And confusion
Is like a secret death
Slow
And painful
And hopeless

No comments: