Friday, March 21, 2008

My Child, My Beloved

I wrote this last night. To be honest, God and I are OK but we aren't speaking all that much. Not because I'm mad at Him or anything, it just kind of happened. We aren't all that close at the moment, I don't feel connected. So this didn't come from that. *shrug*

It's not very good either, as poems go. Then again, I've never really cared about that any way so no worries...

Here it is:

My Child, My Beloved

My Child, My Beloved
Daily I have watched you
I have heard your laughter
And seen your beautiful smile
I have heard your singing
And witnessed your kindness
I have basked in the glow of your happiness
And treasured the joy you have shown in My creation
I have watched you grow
And delighted in the treasure I made in you

But with the joy and laughter
Have come sorrows

Dear Child, My Beloved
I have watched you hurt
And witnessed your anguish
I have longed to gather you in My arms
And hold you as you weep
I have whispered My love to you
And cried as you have cried
My heart has ached
And My own tears have fallen
As you once again reach for the Blade
Praying the relief will last
Knowing that it will not
And once again you do not cry out
For the healing and comfort I long to give

My child, My Beloved
Know this
I Am your Rescuer
I Am your Redeemer
I Am your Comfort
I Am your Peace
I Am your Father
And I will always love you

No comments: