Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I've Come to a Conclusion

As I sat on a bed in the ER yesterday I came to a conclusion. After being asked three (or was it four) times yesterday whether or not the cut on the SIDE of my wrist was a suicide attempt (the answer is 'no' by the way; almost got myself in trouble though when the doc asked me that question because I laughed and started to say 'No, if it was a suicide attempt I would have done it correctly'... thankfully I caught myself just after 'No'.), and almost (if not) as many times if I had ever tried to kill myself I came to a conclusion: The cut I made on my wrist when I was drunk in April, the one that is in the correct spot, going the correct direction; the one that was deep enough to hit a vein that then needed to be tied off. That cut, though intentional (to some degree), was not a suicide attempt. Possibly I am trying to fool myself. Intellectually it seems TOTALLY wrong...

But that is my conclusion.

No comments: